The Best Local Attractions and Activities
Beyond the Park
Discover the best local attractions and activities beyond Castle Gate RV Park in Helper, Utah. From historic sites to unique dining options, outdoor adventures, annual events, and day trips, there’s so much to see and experience.
Local Events & Festivals
- Helper Saturday Vibes – Outdoor market with local artists, live music, and more! (Hosted from May-Sept.)
- Helper Art Festival – Art, music, and film festival.
- Helper ‘Utah’s Christmas Town” – Helper’s annual Christmas tradition that runs for 3 weeks.
- Helper Outlaw Car Show– Hosted during Father’s Day weekend in June. Gather around and enjoy an event filled with cars, food, contests, and more!
Adventure Right Here in Helper, Utah
Get Your Adventure Fix in Helper
- Access hundreds of miles of ATV, hiking, and mountain bike trails right from the park.
- Go rock climbing, kayaking, fly fishing, or horseback riding.
- Tee off at nearby Carbon County Country Club.
- Take a scenic walk down the River Walk.
- Go fishing at Gigliotti’s Pond, located at the north end of town.
- Set your sights on stargazing. Helper is an International Dark Sky Community.
Satisfy Your Cravings With the Diverse Dining Options in Helper
- Balance Rock Eatery & Pub
- Helper Beer (Brewery & Restaurant)
- Happiness Within Coffee Shop
- R&A Market
- Carbon County Country Club
- Groggs Pinnacle Brewing Company
Additional businesses in town include a post office, book store, bank, liquor store, barber shop, beauty salon, gas station, bowling alley, hardware store, ice cream shop, dentist office, and medical clinic.
Train-Watching in Helper is a Magical Experience for Enthusiasts
Helper is a vibrant railroad town with some of the best train-watching spots in the country. Watch about 10 trains pass by the park daily, lasting around 90 seconds each, without blaring horns.
Day Trips Outside Helper
- Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry houses the densest concentration of Jurassic dinosaur fossils ever found. (35.6 miles from our park)
- The San Rafael Swell boasts jaw-dropping views of the Wedge and the “Little Grand Canyon.” (1-hour drive)
- North Springs Shooting Range is a world-class shooting range in Carbon County. (30-minute drive)
- Visit Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Dead Horse Point State Park. (2-hour drives)
- Helper is a stop for Amtrack, which affords an opportunity for scenic day trips into Colorado. (Approximately a 3-hour Amtrak ride to Grand Junction, CO)